Sunday 22 February 2009

damn car!

Not a good day yesterday and got a few worries today as well now.
Having had car MOT and picked up on Friday set off to Dads on Saturday morning....looking forward to seeing dad brother, Sister and my two nieces.
Just after Milton Keynes i noticed smoke or steam belching out of my car so i pulled onto the hard shoulder and called my breakdown company ( phew i am glad i have that)
The mechanic told me it looked like th gasket( great) so got towed home and the garage was shut so have had to leave it parked outside ready to drop a note around there with the keys.
My main worry is that it will be too expensive to have repaired, bearing in mind that I just had it MOT'd on Thursday and it cost me £600 , the tax is also due....I could really do without this ..
The only reason i got it done early was so that I wouldn't be inconvenienced in the week and now I have no car and it is parent's evening this week.... grrr
i feel pretty pissed off as have just checekd the bank account and will be going into overdraft already .. so repairs will have to go on the credit cards...
anyway i will stop winging now.... and write a meal plan and wonder how to get myself out of this mess again....
On an unusual aside my dad called me up as he saw my godfather on tv this morning. except that he is no longer a "he" is now transgender and working as a motivational speaker.... good for her I say.... Haven't seen him in years since i was a kid, and he was a man and he took me to see Return of the Jedi ... he was nice ... its a funny old world

No comments: